Edmonds CC honored students earning 2,044 degrees, certificates, diplomas, and GEDs, in a ceremony on June 13 at Comcast Arena in Everett. Graduates ranged in age from 17 to 74.
Attend a PACE-IT Information and Admission Session to learn about this tuition free program!
Wednesdays, July 2 and Aug. 6 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Mountlake Terrace Hall, room 138 (on campus) Thursday, July 3 | Skype
Acquire the skills and knowledge needed to obtain IT industry-recognized credentials and get jobs. Bring a cover letter and resume and you'll be able to:
- learn about and apply for the program,
- take the online assessment test, and
- possibly be admitted into the program that evening.
In the PACE-IT program, you'll get free tuition and work at your own pace to earn an IT certificate online. You’ll only pay for books, college enrollment fees, and any certification exam fees.
Wednesday farmers market benefiting Edmonds CC Foundation
Wednesdays through Sept. 24 | 3-7 p.m. | Salish Crossing, 190 Sunset Ave., Edmonds
Salish Crossing Farmers Market, which has an emphasis on fresh produce, is donating all vendor fees to the Edmonds CC Foundation. Among the items vendors are offering are vegetables, potatoes, tomatoes, honey, soap, candles, berries, beef, lamb, and eggs. Bouquets of cut flowers are $5.
Four-Day Summer STEM Exploration Camp
9th-12th graders — sign up to participate in a free four-day STEM camp experience for high school/pre-college students (minimum age of 14) at Edmonds Community College, July 7-10. Act fast. Space is limited.
You'll get to:
- explore engineering, materials science, math, computer science, and other STEM topics;
- experience college laboratories and research facilities; and
- engage with college STEM faculty and like-minded peers.
In the News:
- 21 schools split $8 million for aerospace training, Everett Herald
- Edmonds CC wins NWAACC championship, Everett Herald
- EdCC, EvCC welcome new signees, Edmonds Beacon
- Welcome new Beacon editor (former Emonds CC student), Edmonds Beacon
- EdCC students heal hearts with digital data, Edmonds Beacon
- Celebration honors Native American culture, Go Anacortes
Program in the Spotlight: Engineering Technology (ETEC)
Embrace your inner geek! Engineering Technology is the new name for the powerhouse department combining training in composites manufacturing and robotics. Classes introduce students to materials science, composite materials, engineering design, and robotics and electronics technology. Gain experience in hands-on state of the art labs.
Completion rates for these programs are more than 60% with employment rates between 63% and 89% in positions earning between $25,500 and $45,000 annually www.careerbridge.wa.gov.
Did You Know?
In 1968 Edmonds CC granted the first Associate of Arts degree at the college as well as 28 adult high school diplomas. A year later, the college graduated 75 students: 13 with Associate of Arts degrees; 2 with Associate of Technical Arts degrees, 9 with a certificate in Dental Assisting, and 51 with adult high school diplomas. The brief, informal ceremony was held in the library at Woodway High School (where the college operated during it’s first two years).