Guidelines for Students working with a Transcriptionist
- Contact Ruben Alatorre 425.640.1160 (voice) or 425.354.3113 (Video Phone), the SSD Coordinator of Services for the Deaf at least six (6) weeks before the quarter begins, or as soon as registration is completed, for arrangement of transcriptionists.
- If you know ahead of time you will be absent for any of your classes, please give Ruben / SSD at least 24 hours notice. If less than 24 hours notice is given, we are obligated to pay the transcriptionists.
- In case of emergency, contact SSD immediately by emailing email@example.com or call the relay service to contact us at 425.640.1160 and SSD staff will notify the transcriptionists.
- If you are late and have not contacted SSD, the transcriptionists will only wait 15 minutes (on a 1-hour class and 25 minutes on a 2-hour or more class) after the start of class.
- If you are participating in special workshops or seminars, complete a “Transcriptionist Request” form as soon as possible.
- If you request an transcriptionist on short notice, be prepared for the possibility that there may not be one available.
- If you have any problems with an transcriptionist or Dropbox emails, contact Ruben Alatorre immediately.
- Contact SSD immediately if you change your schedule or drop a class.
By clicking on this button, you agree to the terms and conditions of the Transcriptionist request.