Guidelines for Students working with Interpreters for the Deaf
- Contact Ruben Alatorre 425.640.1160 (voice) or 425.354.3113 (Video Phone), the SSD Coordinator of Services for the Deaf at least six (6) weeks before the quarter begins, or as soon as registration is completed, for arrangement of interpreters.
- If you know ahead of time you will be absent for any of your classes, please give the interpreters and Ruben at least 24 hours notice. If less than 24 hours notice is given, we are obligated to pay the interpreters.
- In case of emergency, contact SSD immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call the relay service to contact us at 425.640.1160 and SSD staff will notify the interpreters.
- If you are late and have not contacted SSD, the interpreters will only wait 15 minutes (on a 1-hour class and 25 minutes on a 2-hour or more class) after the start of class.
- If you are participating in special workshops or seminars, complete a “Interpreter Request” form as soon as possible to arrange for extra time with an interpreter. If you are given short notice, you may arrange this directly with the interpreter, but notify SSD as soon as possible.
- If you request an interpreter on short notice, be prepared for the possibility that there may not be one available.
- If you have any problems with an interpreter, contact Ruben Alatorre immediately.
- Contact SSD immediately if you change your schedule or drop a class.
By clicking on this button, you agree to the terms and conditions of the Interpreter request.