"Honoring Our Veterans: Past, Present, and Future"
29th Annual Powwow
Friday, May 2, 2014 | 7 p.m.
Saturday, May 3, 2014 | 1 and 7 p.m.
Sunday, May 4, 2014 | 1 p.m.
Seaview Gymnasium | Edmonds Community College
20000 68th Avenue West, Lynnwood, WA 98036
For directions to campus: www.edcc.edu/campus
This event is FREE | This event is open to the public
Edmonds Community College is proud to host this year's 29th Annual Powwow: "Honoring Our Veterans: Past, Present, and Future" on May 2-4, 2014. The powwow brings together students, families, and communities to celebrate American Indian singing, drumming, dancing, and arts and crafts.
The college is committed to providing culturally enriching educational opportunities throughout the event through traditional storytellers, elders performances, this year's grand opening for the Cultural Kitchen, and seeks to provide healthy and sustainable options of traditional foods. In addition to hosting the annual powwow, students and employees participate in a variety of environmental, service-learning, and cultural activities throughout the year that supports local tribes and tribal members.
Powwows are social gatherings - open to all people - celebrating American Indian tribes' traditions, styles of dance, songs, families, and friendships. Dancers and drummers come to the college's powwow from tribes throughout the Northwest and United States including locally, the Muckleshoot, Lummi, and Tulalip Tribes.
Host a Vendor's Booth
The committee is excited to open registration for Vendor Booths for the 2014, 29th Annual Powwow at Edmonds Community College. If you would like to host a booth for one or all sessions, please follow the link below to register.
Beverage Vendor Booths
- Booth sizes are 10'x20'
- Prices range from $90/session to $250/weekend
- Booths are located both in the gymnasium as well as out in the food vending parking lot
Food Vendor Booths
- Booth sizes are 10'x20'
- Prices range from $200/session to $500/weekend
- Booths are located in the outdoor vending parking lot
- *All food vendors must provide their own tables, chairs, lights, extension cords, and hand washing station
Arts and Crafts Vendor Booths
- Booth sizes are 10'x10', 10'x20', and 6' informational table
- Prices range from $30-75/session to $75-250/weekend
- Booths are located in the gymnasium surrounding the dance arena and in a neighboring room
- Booth sizes are a 6' rectangular table
Volunteer at the Powwow
Get involved and volunteer at one or all of the sessions of the Powwow! Volunteers are needed from Friday - Sunday. Click on the link below to see how to get involved and to register as a volunteer: