The latest news from Edmonds Community College
Edmonds CC library serves more than 2,000 students in one day
|Danica Gagucas, left, and Ye Rin Kim take advantage of a quiet room in the Edmonds
CC library to work together on studying. They are both pre-nursing students.
Some improvements to the Edmonds CC library after student suggestions
- Expanded silent study areas and silent computer lab
- Added a Mac computer to silent computer lab
- Stronger enforcement in quiet study spaces to reduce noise
- Constructed three additional group study rooms
- Implemented online self-reservation system for third-floor group study rooms
- Added two new scanners, purchased more headphones
- Double-sided printing now available from computers
- Increased access to computers for academic purposes by implementing a policy banning
- Moved video collection to browseable, open shelving
- Created special shelving areas for fiction and test preparation guides
- Redesigned the library website for ease of use
For the third year in a row, Edmonds Community College participated in “Snapshot:
One Day in the Life of Washington’s Libraries.” This statewide project, held to coincide
with National Library Week April 8-14, gathered statistics, stories, and photographs
to illustrate the importance of libraries for Washington’s citizens.
On April 10, as on most days in the college’s busy library, there were students using
the computer labs, asking for help at the reference desk, checking out textbooks,
viewing videos, participating in information literacy classes, studying quietly, or
working in study groups. The day showed the range of work that takes place at the
Library Snapshot Day, organized by the American Library Association, is part of a
national effort aimed at bringing attention to library services nationwide.
April 10 at the Edmonds CC library included:
- 2,077 students entering the library,
- 966 logins on library computers,
- 230 items checked out,
- 30 reference questions asked and answered,
- 87 computer questions asked and answered, and
- 58 students attending information literacy classes.
- Shuttle available to take visitors to overflow parking lot.
Did you know?
- offers online chat research help around the clock to students by participating in
Ask a Librarian;
- has more than 150 computers, including eight laptops available for students to check
- has textbooks available for use in the library; and
- has created 127 Resource Guides;
- is open seven days a week
Find out more
Edmonds Community College Library
< back to news index