The latest news from Edmonds Community College
Edmonds CC to celebrate Women's History Month with six events
Edmonds Community College celebrates Women’s History Month Feb. 25-March 1 on campus—20000
68th Ave. W, Lynnwood—with opportunities to learn about current issues facing women
and about women’s tenacity, courage, and creativity throughout history. The free lectures,
panel discussions, and films are open to the public.
All events, except an art gallery reception Friday, take place in the Black Box Theatre
in Mukilteo Hall on the college’s campus in Lynnwood.
Women’s History Month | Awareness Week events:
- History and Future of the Women's Movement – 11:30 a.m., Mon., Feb. 25, Black Box Theatre. Edmonds Community College anthropology
instructor Gem Baldwin presents a history of the women’s movement and current issues.
- Human Trafficking – Local and Global Issues – 11:30 a.m., Tues., Feb. 26, Black Box Theatre. Local experts present critical issues
on human trafficking throughout our region and the world.
- Edmonds CC Community Read welcomes author Jamie Ford – 12:30 p.m., Wed., Feb. 27, Black Box Theatre. Author Jamie Ford, who wrote “Hotel
on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet,” speaks to campus as part of the Edmonds CC Community
Read. Student scholarships will be awarded at the lecture.
- “Miss Representation” – documentary film – 11:30 a.m., Thurs., Feb. 28, Black Box Theatre. The documentary film "Miss Representation,”
by Jennifer Siebel Newsom, premiered at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival and aired
on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network. The film explores how the media’s misrepresentations
of women have led to the underrepresentation of women in positions of power and influence.
- Women Entrepreneurs, WE Mean Business – 6:30 p.m., Thurs., Feb. 28, Black Box Theatre. This business and network fair focuses
on helping educate and encourage women to begin and maintain businesses — although
all individuals, regardless of gender, are invited. It includes topics on starting
and managing a business, accounting practices, legal matters, financing, counseling,
- Heart and Grace Reception – 4:30-6:30 p.m., Fri., March 1, Art Gallery, Lynnwood Hall, third floor. Art show
and reception, showcasing student artists. Refreshments will be served.
Find out moreArts and Culture at Edmonds CC
< back to news index