The latest news from Edmonds Community College
Read 'Banana,' apply for a scholarship
This year, the Edmonds CC Community Read is "Banana: The Fate of the Fruit That Changed
the World," a book exploring the history of America’s most popular fruit, by nature
and science writer Dan Koeppel.
Three scholarships of $1,000 for spring quarter tuition are available to Edmonds Community
College students who participate in the book read. Apply by 5 p.m., Mon., Nov. 30.
Scholarship recipients will be announced Mon., Dec. 7.
These scholarships are provided by the Edmonds Community College Foundation.
| Read the book!
To apply for the scholarship:
- Read "Banana: The Fate of the Fruit that Changed the World." Copies are available
at the library and for purchase at the College Store.
- Create and complete a project (it could be an essay, a visual presentation, performance,
or website — be creative!) that addresses key themes of the book.
- Submit your application (both a hard copy to the Humanities and Social Sciences Division
in Alderwood Hall 218 and an electronic copy to instructor Christopher Bell at email@example.com).
Your application should include:
- A 500-word or less description of the project and its connection to the book.
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member who endorses your project.
Find out moreGet more details about how to apply for the scholarship
< back to news index