Attend the Triton Student Center grand opening 11 a.m., Thurs., Sept. 24.
This fall, two new buildings and two new works of art welcome students to Edmonds Community College and create more places for people to gather. Join us this fall to celebrate!
We recently held the dedication for a new public art project. "Reach" by artist Lorna Jordan provides a "heart for the campus" and a gathering place for students east of Lynnwood Hall. Next we'll hold the grand opening of the Triton Student Center, 11 a.m., Thurs., Sept. 24. There will be giveaways and tours until 8 p.m.
About the Triton Student Center
The Triton Student Center in Brier Hall is a place for students to meet with other students or faculty, study in an informal setting, be entertained, play games or just hang out. It includes:
• Fireplace lounge area.
• Small performance space.
• Seating for eating or studying in small or larger groups.
• Vending machines with a microwave for quick snack or after-hours food.
• Game room with pool tables and TV area. Open from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. fall, winter, and spring quarters. Summer hours vary. Stop by and get some free popcorn!
• Study rooms that students may schedule for group study.
• Dedicated club gathering space.
• Offices of Student Government, Student Programs, Student Publications including Triton Review and Between the Lines, Diversity Student Center, and Service Learning Center.
The Triton Student Center has wireless capability throughout the building.
2:30 p.m., Fri., Oct. 16 — the grand opening of Rainier Place, our on campus residence hall
• 1 p.m., Thurs., Nov. 5 — the dedication of a veterans’ monument, welcoming vets to campus as they return to school from service, on the hill west of Brier HallAll events are free and open to the public.