Web Cam Video recording in Canvas
Step by Step Instructions
- Log on to campus network
- Log on on to Canvas
- Navigate to your class
- Click on assignments
- Navigate to the assignment for this video recording
- Click on Submit assignment in the right hand column on screen
- Select " Record/Upload Media"
- Select "Allow" in Adobe Flash Player Settings Dialog box
- Dismiss Logitech Web controller by clicking on X
- Click anywhere on screen to begin recording
- Click anywhere on screen to stop recording
- your recording will immediately begin playback for your review
- if you wish to record over, click on the red button, another dialog box will appear asking
- if you want to record without saving the previous recording, select either yes or no.
- No, will save your previous recording, yes will erase it, you will have the choice in a later dialog box as to which recording to submit for your assignment.
- When ready to submit enter a title for your assignment and click on save.
- The recording screen will disappear and Submit button will appear, click on submit.
- In the upper right side of the Canvas window, a Submission Confirmation box will appear with a link for submission details, you have now successfully completed your video assignment.
- Log off of Canvas
- Log off Campus network, but please leave the computer on
Video Lab Frequently Asked Questions
for Mini Disc recording.
What type of DVDs should I buy?
MINI-DVD-R or MINI- DVD-RW.
What does the DVD-R or RW mean?
Data on a DVD-R cannot be changed, whereas a DVD-RW (DVD-rewritable) can be rewritten multiple (1000+) times. EXCEPT when finalized for playback on standard DVD players.
Where can I buy just one DVD for this project?
Best Buy or Staples
Why won't my video playback on my DVD player?
It wasn't "finalized".
Do I need to finalize the video?
In order to allow interchange between Players, it is necessary to finalize or protect DVD-RW media before putting these in another recording system.DVD-R media must be finalized before playback is possible in players.
How do I finalize the video?
Refer to the Mini-DiscCam Instructions
What if I want to record more later?
This is not possible with the Mini DVD camera system.
Can I edit the video now to chop off the beginning or ending?
Currently there is no facility at Edmonds CC to edit your video.
Where can I go to get a copy of my video created?
Currently there is no facility at Edmonds CC to copy DVDs.
If I recorded more than one "session" do I have to finalize all sessions or can I choose them?
All sessions must be finalized before playback is possible in DVD players.