What's an RA?
Resident Assistants (RAs) are college students hired by the Housing Office to live in the Residence Halls and assist other students. One RA is always on call when the Housing Office is not open.
- Provide assistance to students moving in or out, at orientation, and in day-to-day-living
- Serve as a resource for residents for college programs, activities, and student leadership
- Assist in checking equipment in and out, e.g. vacuum cleaners
- Provide assistance in conflict management
- Act as security ensuring that policies and procedures are upheld
- Provide front line assistance in emergencies and then contact the supervisor for support and response
- Help with international students’ cultural adjustment
- Design programs to build community
Meet the RAs of 2013-2014