ACCUPLACER® or LOEP
- English and Math assessments are required to determine a student's readiness for college-level work
- ACCUPLACER is not a pass/fail or graded test. The test is meant to determine existing knowledge and course placement
- Test results and letter explaining if you are eligible for Running Start will be given after testing.
Student must place in college-level English: English 101, English 100, or Bridge 115 to participate in the Running Start program.
- Eligibility for Running Start at Edmonds CC is determined by the English portion of the ACCUPLACER assessment test
- Sample ACCUPLACER test and information on English placement is available
- Call the Testing Center to check their schedule
- Bring your student ID number and photo ID to the test
- Math assessment is required for advising purposes only, the math score is not used for Running Start eligibility
- For information on the ACCUPLACER math assessment see the math department website.
Other ways to determine eligibility
- If the student has Compass test results from another college and would like to use these results here, the results must be interpreted, first, by an academic advisor at Edmonds CC
- Other college transcript - if the student has taken English 101 with a grade of 2.0 or above at another community college, he/she may provide an official transcript
- AP scores - if the student has earned a 4 or a 5 in Advanced Placement English, a 4 or a 5 and possibly a 3 for certain AP math classes, at the high school, he/she may provide test scores
For additional information go to: www.edcc.edu/es/assessment.html.