Donate Your Car or Truck and Receive a Tax Deduction
Have a car or truck that doesn't run, isn't worth much in trade-in value or do you just want to avoid the hassle of selling it? We can help! You can donate your car or truck to Edmonds Community College Foundation and receive a tax-deduction!
At the same time, you will be helping fulfill the Foundation's mission of providing scholarships to students and support to the college, its faculty, staff and facilities. Donating your vehicle is hassle free and free of cost. We do the rest -- paperwork, towing, gift receipt for your taxes.
- Air in tires so that it can be towed but vehicle does NOT need to be running
- WA State title or affidavit (please note an affidavit can take up to 8 weeks to process
if you cannot locate your title)
- For information about a lost title, please visit the DOL here: http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/replacetitle.html
- Completed Bill of Sale (click to download)
- If your current plates are different than the title, please indicate that on the Bill of Sale.
Where to send the paperwork:
- Mail to : Edmonds CC Foundation
20000 68th AVE W
Lynnwood, WA 98036
- Drop off: The Foundation is located at the address above in Snohomish Hall, 3rd Floor Administrative Offices.
Enter the double doors at top of stairs, once inside turn left and look for large Foundation sign hanging from ceiling. If no one is at the desk, the paperwork can be placed in the Inbox to the right of the desk.
What happens next:
The Foundation office will process the title/affidavit, the bill of sale and contact the towing company for pick-up. No one needs to be present for the pick-up. Usually we just have owners leave the keys in the glove box. It takes about 3-7 business days for the towing company to pick up the car depending on their schedule.
Once the donation has been processed you will receive 2 letters. The second letter will state the value for a tax-deduction. Please speak to a professional tax advisor if you have specific questions about the deduction.
Call the Foundation at 425.640.1274 or email email@example.com to learn more about the program and to arrange for pick-up of your donation.