Financial Aid Quick Start
- Complete the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- This is a federal application. It is not processed by our office.
- Look for a letter or email from the federal (FAFSA) processor confirming submission of the FAFSA. The letter is NOT your award notification.
- We upload 2013-14 FAFSA's from the federal processor twice each week starting the last week of February 2013.
- After we upload your FAFSA, look for an email from us letting you know if other forms, documents, or processes are needed to complete your file.
- Complete all processes, and submit all forms, documents, and information we ask for in the email. We will not review your paperwork until you submit or complete all required items. All our forms and links to processes can be found on our website. Click on Forms to the left.
- Take these steps to receive a federal Direct Student loan:
- Complete the loan request section on the Financial Aid Information Sheet, or use the Information Change form. Submit either of these forms to our office.
- To learn more about loans and required online processes click here.
- Check the Financial Aid Home page often for estimated dates on when you can expect to be processed and awarded, and to access links for the Financial Aid Portal and the Support Request system if you have questions.
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after you register for your first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at www.edcc.edu/edmail.