Commercial Lighting Auditor
This certificate program requires the completion of the Energy Core certificate of completion followed by the Commercial Lighting Auditor specialty courses. The two certificates can be completed in as little as two quarters. Required classes are:ENERGY CORE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION (16 credits)
- ENRGY 100 Introduction to Energy Management
- ENRGY 102 Energy Basics
- ENRGY 105 Introduction to Sustainability
- ENRGY 120 Energy Efficiency: Design and Construction and Retrofit
COMMERCIAL LIGHTING AUDITOR SPECIALTY COURSES (10 credits)
- ENRGY 130 Energy Assessment and Analysis
- ENRGY 140 Commercial Lighting
In these classes you will learn about lighting sources and fixtures, efficient lighting techniques, selecting products and elements of developing a lighting plan, and lighting controls. Through the core classes, students learn about the basics of energy conservation, energy science, controlling costs, protecting the environment, energy policies, resource management, basic construction skills, climate impacts, renewable energy sources, how to understand utility bills, analyze energy use, sustainable practices, computer software for analysis, and local utility programs.
A person with a Commercial Lighting Auditor Certificate can get a job related to architecture and construction, science, technology, engineering, and manufacturing.
Auditors can start at jobs such as:
- lighting auditor at a local utility;
- lighting auditor for businesses that provide home energy audits;
- lighting specialist at companies that provide and install the lighting products recommended in the energy audit;
- sales person in retail lighting stores or as a wholesale lighting representative; and
- manufacturer of products that will be used to illuminate small commercial buildings more efficiently.
Becoming an auditor opens the door to many life-long careers that are rewarding and exciting.
Be on the leading edge of tomorrow’s technology by studying now in the Energy Management Program at Edmonds Community College.