Read With Us and Meet the Author
The Edmonds CC Community Read — an Arts, Culture, and Civic Engagement program and part of the college's Lecture Series — brings the campus and community together to read one book in order to:
- Build community through a common intellectual experience.
- Promote literacy across the campus and community through the adoption of thoughtful, noteworthy works of literature or scholarship.
- Offer instructors an opportunity to invigorate curriculum with vital issues and great ideas.
- Enrich the lives of students, faculty, staff and the people of south Snohomish County.
Here are some ways to join in:
- Nominate a book.
- Read this year’s featured book.
- Join in discussions.
- Take related classes at the college.
- Meet the author on campus.
- Attend community read events.
Scholarship Opportunity for Edmonds CC Students, Apply by 5 p.m., Jan. 31.
The Edmonds Community College Foundation sponsors three scholarships for spring quarter. To apply for a scholarship, Edmonds CC students read the selected book and then create a project addressing any of the key themes of the book.
The award is $1,300 for your spring quarter tuition! See: how to apply.
Discuss the 2013-2014 book, "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks," with members of the Lacks family on Wed., April 23:
- Campus event: 12:30 p.m.
- Community event: 7 p.m.
Find out more about the book and the event here.