Diversity Student Center
Student Services We Offer
Designed by students for students, it is a safe and welcoming center that embraces diversity, with friendly staff, and resources for students. We are conveniently located with many Student Services programs in Brier Hall.
Promoting Diversity Awareness
- Diversity events planned monthly
- Quarterly diverse events with exciting diverse speakers and/or knowledgeable panelists
- Celebrations around diversity throughout the year
- Information available on current diverse events in the community
- Conversation area and Safe Zone for students to discuss and explore diversity
Resource Library: Students Can Check-out These Items for Free for a Quarter
- Laptops: two hour check-out
- Textbooks: hundreds of instructional books for many classes
- Electronic items: calculators, flash drives, and e-dictionaries
- Videos and DVDs on all taped events on campus
- Diversity books: cultural, religious, ethnic, historical, etc.
- Private setting for students to do homework, Internet research, job searches, etc., with updated software and a laser printer
- Laptop rentals: free two-hour check out to current Edmonds Community College students
Conversation Partner Program
We partner with International Student Services to match ESL students with fluent English speaking students. This is a a personal one-on-one experience for ESL students to learn English. Students meet for an hour a week, and schedules are catered to meet each student’s needs.
Scholarship Information and Assistance
- Students can get guidance and resource information to apply for scholarships to accomplish their academic goals.
- We have compiled a file with live hyperlinks to active websites with scholarship information.