Move Faster and Further to a Better Career and Future!
Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training (I-BEST) pairs Adult Basic Education and/or English as a Second Language (ESL) education with job skills training, meaning college credit classes in professional or technical degree pathways taken at the same time as learning adult basic education skills. I-BEST was designed to help transition students further and faster into their certificate or degree completions, with goals of obtaining an in-demand job at a higher wage.
I-BEST students receive individualized case management support in areas of:
- Career exploration, planning and preparation
- Financial aid advising, scholarship applications, and guidance in funding sources available on campus
- Student goal attainment strategies throughout each quarter
In as little as three months, you can earn a certificate of completion to get a jump-start on a new career in:
- Basic Bookkeeping/Accounting
- Allied Health
- Engineering Technology - Electronics
- Engineering Technology - Material Science
- Basic Medical Office
- Family Support Studies: Parent Mentor
Get Skills for the Job You Want!
Most high-growth, high-wage occupations require at least some college experience.
Average annual earnings by education level*:
- Less than high school graduate- $22,326
- High School Diploma or GED - $31,209
- Associate or Vocational Degree - $40,708
- Bachelors Degree - $51,436
*2010 data from www.checkoutacollege.com