Parent Mentor Certificate - Family Support Studies
Participate in a nationally recognized program unique to Edmonds Community College!
Train to work as a family support specialist in the public school system, social service
agencies and family support centers. Individuals with bi-lingual and bi-cultural skills
are in high demand in local school districts, community family support programs, social
service agencies, child welfare offices and community centers.
- Part-time program
- Students gain real-world, on-site experiences in their field of study while attending school
- Classes only on Friday afternoons
- Access multiple career pathways in school districts and social human services
Job Opportunities as:
- Case Aides
- Family Support workers
Entry-level earnings start at about $14.00-$17.00/hr*
Choices for Further College Study and Career Paths:
Earn an advanced certificate in Family Support Studies (Increase earning potential at entry level to $18-$20.00/hr).
Earn a two-year Associate of Technical Arts Degree in Family Support Studies. Train to nurture families’ healthy development by looking at families’ strengths, connecting families to community resources, and supporting and empowering parents to become advocates for their families.
To find out more about I-BEST opportunities:
- Call the Developmental Education office at 425.640.1593 and schedule an appointment with Holly Letourneau, I-BEST Case Manager
- Email email@example.com
- Drop by the DevEd office in Mukilteo Hall, room 403
Find out more about Family Support Studies.
Visit: www.edcc.edu/familysupport or call: 425.640.1665
*Wage Source: Washington State Employment Security Department, 2013