The Counseling and Resource Center
Some previous CRC Spotlights
- Local Anger Management Classes. Including some sliding fee scale and some that are court approved..
- To manage and resolve conflict in a positive way see Conflict Resolution Skills from Helpguide.org.
- This handout contains things to look for in monitoring your anger in "Tips for Getting a Grip" and things to look for in the behavior of others in "Tips for Dealing with Difficult People".
COLLEGE STUDENTS & MENTAL HEALTH
- For an evaluation of your mental health - go to "Self e-Valuator", sign in as an Edmonds CC student and take the evaluation
- To see students Frequently Asked Questions about Counseling see our FAQ page.
- Tips on Dealing with Depression in College from the National Mental Health Association
EATING DISORDERS & SELF-INJURY
- Types of Eating Disorders include: •Anorexia Nervosa •Bulimia Nervosa •Binge Eating Disorder From the National Eating Disorders Association.
- Self-Injury Resource Factsheets from Cornell University include; Top misconceptions about self-injury, General information on coping, Alternative coping strategies and Information about self-injury for parents and friends.
- Assessment for self-injury.
- Relationship Resource & Reading List for all phases of relationships.
- Ulifeline is a 24/7 online site for college students. One of the many mental health resources on the site is "Go Ask Alice". The link will take you to hundreds of relationship questions and answers.
- The Daters Bill of Rights.
SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER (SAD)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Seasonal Affective Disorder from Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences
- Mental Health America information paper on Seasonal Affective Disorder
An "everything you ever wanted to know" page of links! Sexual Health Information Links ...
Where to pick up Free Condoms
Planned Parenthood of Western Washington has an Online Health Center for ordering birth control, setting up appointments and emergency contraception.
- In college, you may be shocked by the workload you suddenly face. Read a whole book for the next class? A test on three chapters when the semester has hardly begun? How to Take on College Studying from the College Board may help.
- Here are 6 tips to Balancing Your College Schedule by ecampustours.com.
- Helpful Handouts
- Where does your time go? Take this quiz and find out!