Advising for Student Success
Academic Advising educates students as they navigate the world of higher education; providing support for articulation and achievement of their educational and career goals, and by creating an environment for personal transformation, lifelong learning, and success.
Advising sessions are offered by the Advising Resource Center weekly. These sessions
are open to prospective, new, and continuing students. During a session, an advisor
will lead discussion about your program, answer group questions, and provide time
for individual advising for each student in attendance. You will be able to meet fellow
students in your program, receive answers to your academic advising questions, and
plan your next steps with the help of an advisor. Check out our schedule of the upcoming advising sessions.
An Advisor Can Help You:
- select only the classes you want and need,
- navigate the campus and connect you to resources,
- explore career training programs or options for continuing your education at the university level,
- find answers to questions about the transfer process,
- determine how to finish your degree if you are returning to school after time away, and
- understand the graduation process
If you don't need to see an advisor, but have a quick question for advising, you can email us or submit the form on the contact us page .
Chat Live With an Advisor!
Mondays: 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Wednesdays: 3:30- 5p.m.
Get Connected to the iAdvise Mailing List
Get regular advising updates with important information!