Students and Community: At the Heart of All We Do
Edmonds Community College strengthens our diverse community by helping students access educational and career opportunities in a supportive environment that encourages success, innovation, service, and lifelong learning.
Our Core Themes
- Strengthen our diverse community
- Provide educational opportunities
- Help students access career opportunities
- Support student success
- Encourage innovation, service, and lifelong learning
Transforming lives through exemplary, nationally recognized educational and career pathways
The Board, employees, and students of our college value:
Collaboration and Communication
- We promote respectful collaboration, communication, and interaction among students and employees.
- We develop and maintain a safe, healthy, and professional environment that fosters creativity, innovation, learning, and personal growth.
Responsibility and Accountability
- We manage our resources with efficiency and integrity to ensure the long-term health of the college.
- We infuse sustainable and transparent practices throughout all aspects of the college's operations and programs.
Innovation and Creativity
- We continuously seek opportunities to improve the quality of our lives, the college, our community, and the world.
- We explore, create, and evaluate in order to improve.
Diversity, Respect, and Inclusion
- We celebrate the individuality and diversity of our students and colleagues, as well as the diversity of our college, community, nation, and world.
- We require equity and mutual respect.
Edmonds Community College offers opportunities to integrate knowledge and skills in order to reason clearly; communicate and interact respectfully; explore critically and creatively; and act responsibly. Emphasizing these core, college-wide abilities provides a consistent educational focus that encourages students and members of the college community to develop knowledge, habits, and skills for lifelong learning.
Students, who earn any of our two-year degrees or shorter-term certificates, have many opportunities across the curriculum to develop and apply college-wide abilities in preparation for their roles in an increasingly diverse, information-driven society.
Integrated and Strategic Planning
Edmonds Community College's mission statement helps direct and inform the college's planning efforts and resource allocation processes. The college's strategic plan is implemented through broad-based constituency groups known as Strategic Planning Councils. The strategic plan assists the college in achieving its vision.
Operational-level planning is completed through the college's SIMPLE Plan framework (with SIMPLE standing for: Strategic, Informed, Measurable Process Leading to Effectiveness). SIMPLE plans tie together program profiles, assessments, and goals. Both strategic and operational-level planning are aligned with the college's core themes, objectives, and strategic goals – all of which are mapped to the college's mission statement and definition of mission fulfillment.
Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and governed by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges.
Find out more about the college's accreditation.