How to Apply
The BFET application consists of three pages. Print out these pages, answer the questions, have the Academic Plan completed by Advising, and return all four to the BFET office in Gateway Hall, room 106. Office hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
You can also fax 425.640.1496 – please put your name on each page.
BFET has weekly drop in sessions in Gateway Hall, room 106. Drop in is held Tuesdays, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
If you are eligible for BFET, we will contact you to set up an intake appointment once your application forms are received. Intake appointments usually begin about 30 days before the start of the quarter. If your application is incomplete or not approved, we will notify you in writing.
If you need childcare: There are some additional steps — and potentially another meeting — to certify your participation for childcare. Childcare must be certified by BFET every quarter regardless of the deadlines stated by Working Connections Childcare and DSHS. All parents utilizing childcare are responsible for recertification each quarter. BFET offers a week of childcare appointments each quarter for this purpose.
- Apply for admission to Edmonds Community College and take the Accuplacer test. BFET can help pay for your admission and testing fees. Ask for the fee waiver form from the BFET office or call 425.640.1727.
- Choose an approved program from the list of eligible programs.
- Make an appointment to meet with Advising. Have your adviser complete and sign the BFET Academic Training Plan and register for your classes.
- Complete your federal financial aid application — FAFSA. After you file the FAFSA, check with Student Financial Services to determine what additional paperwork may be required. This additional paperwork is what creates a “file complete” date and determines when you can be awarded your financial aid. BFET requires students to have a file complete date before your application can be processed for BFET.
- Complete all your financial aid paperwork even if recent deadlines have passed — this is where BFET can help you with tuition and book awards.
Financial Aid priority processing deadlines for 2014-15 are here.