Upgrade Your Skills or
Train for a New Career
In coordination with the Employment Security Department, the State Worker Retraining Program can provide job training for people who wish to gain additional training in their existing field or get started on a new career path.
For People Who Are:
- Facing a layoff
- Currently collecting unemployment
- Exhausted unemployment benefits within the past 24 months
- Displaced homemakers (recently separated or divorced) within the past 24 months
- Self-employed, now unemployed within the past 24 months
- Honorably discharged veterans within the past 24 months who are not eligible for educational benefits
What Services Will I Receive?
- Start-up funds for tuition and books
- Career counseling
- Early registration
- Assistance applying for other funding resources
- Job search assistance