To receive financial aid you must take classes that go towards an approved degree or certificate program offered here at Edmonds Community College. We cannot fund classes needed for another schools' degree programs or admission requirements. There are also limits on the number of degree or certificate programs you may earn, as well as limits on the number of credits you earn or attempt, and still receive financial aid.
Credit Funding Limitations
Federal and state regulations limit the amount of funding you may receive based on the number of earned or attempted credits included on your transcript. Attempted credits include classes listed that reflect no credit received, as well as credits transferred in from another school.
- You are required to complete your degree within the maximum time frame allowed, which
is 125% of the credits needed to graduate.
- Only required classes, or prerequisite classes (classes needed before a required class can be taken) are funded.
- When students reach, or will reach during the upcoming school year, 100% of the credits needed to graduate, they must submit a Graduation Plan (formerly Academic Plan), which documents the classes needed to complete their degree or certificate programs.
- You are not eligible for financial aid if it is mathematically impossible to complete a degree or certificate within 125% of the credits needed to graduate.
- You may change degree programs once without earning a degree. After one change, students are expected to complete a degree or certificate before pursuing another program.
- You may work concurrently on two programs, but must take classes for both programs during each quarter of enrollment.
- Up to 45 credits in remedial and prerequisite courses (those below the 100 level) are funded if required for college success, or completion of a degree or certificate program.
Degree Funding Limitations
Edmonds Community College limits the number of funded degree or certificate programs to one of the following:
- Two 2-year degree programs - but limited to one AA and, or one AS degree, and one certificate, or
- One 2-year degree and three certificates, or
- Five certificates