Financial Aid Services
- Federal Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students and can be adjusted for part-time enrollment. Eligibility is determined by the US Department of Education.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants are for undergraduate students with the lowest Expected Family Contribution (EFC), as determined by the Department of Education and reported on the Student Aid Report (SAR). A minimum of 6 credits is required.
- State Need Grants are offered to students who are undergraduate Washington residents, and who are also working on their 1st AA or ATA degree. Eligibility is determined by the state. The State Need Grant may be adjusted for part-time enrollment.
- Tuition Waivers and the Edmonds Community College Grant are available to undergraduate Washington residents enrolled for a minimum of 6 credits. Tuition Waivers are applied to tuition only (no cash disbursement). Fees and self-support classes are excluded.
The programs listed below require a separate application process and have eligibility requirements beyond what is determined by completing the FAFSA application. Please contact the program directly for additional information. Links are provided below.
- Worker Retraining Grants are awarded to Washington residents who are receiving unemployment benefits and who have exhausted benefits within the last two years. Dislocated workers may also be eligible. Requires a separate application and is limited to technical programs.
- Work-Based Learning Grants provide funds for tuition and books to low-income students and approved DSHS clients. Short-term training programs only. Requires a separate application process.
- Opportunity Grants are awarded to low income students who are pursuing selected vocational programs and who have been enrolled in ABE, GED or ESL classes. Requires a separate application process.
- BFET Program is the Basic Food Employment Training program that can provide financial assistance along with other support services. Requires a separate application process.
- Additional resources can be found here.