Visa Holders and Undocumented Applicant Admission
You must go through the International Student Services Office to apply for Admission if you hold one of the following VISA Types:
- B – Temporary visitor for business or pleasure
- F – Alien applicants (academic)
- J – Exchange visitors
- M – Alien applicants (non-academic)
- TN – Treaty traders
Follow the regular Admission process if you hold one of the following VISA Types:
- A – Officials of foreign governments
- E – Treaty aliens
- G – International Organization Aliens
- H – Temporary workers
- I – Representatives of foreign information media
- L – Intercompany transferees
- K – Fiancées and fiancés of citizens
- R – Religious workers
Follow the regular Admission process if you fall under one of the following categories:
- All green card holders (LPR)
- Undocumented Alien
Undocumented Applicants (HB 1079)
Effective July 1, 2003, Washington State law changed the definition of a “resident student” to include undocumented students as eligible to pay resident tuition if specific conditions were met. These conditions are:
- Resided in the State of Washington for three (3) years immediately prior to receiving a high school diploma, and completed the full senior year at a Washington high school, OR
- Completed the equivalent of a high school diploma (GED), and resided in the State of Washington for the three (3) years immediately before receiving the equivalent of a high school diploma
- Has resided continuously in the State of Washington since earning a high school diploma or its equivalent, AND
- Applicant signs an affidavit certifying the intent to become a permanent resident of the United States as soon as eligible to apply.
Your information is kept confidential and is not reported to any government agency, except total numbers for counting purposes.
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after they register for their first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at www.edcc.edu/edmail.