In accordance with WAC 131-12-010, Edmonds Community College has an open admission policy. Under this policy, all students are admitted when it is determined by the Chief Admission Officer, or other designee, that the student meets the following criteria:
- Is competent to benefit from course offerings of the college, and
- Would not, by his or her presence or conduct, create a disruptive atmosphere within the college inconsistent with the purposes of the institution, and
- Is eighteen (18) years of age or older, or
- Is a high school graduate (or GED equivalent).
How to Apply for Admission
Apply for admission in one of the following ways:
Complete and submit the application online. It could take 3 business days to process your application.
In Person, by Email, or Mail
- Use the computers in the Advising Resource Center on the first floor of Lynnwood Hall or your own personal computer to fill out the admission application online with same day processing.
- Go to the Enrollment Services Forms page and click on “Admission Application”
- After you fill out the form online, click the “Print and Sign” button, print it, sign
it, and bring the form to the Enrollment Services Office on the first floor of Lynnwood
Hall. You can also scan the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can mail it to:
Edmonds Community College
20000 68th Ave W
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Admission Application Exceptions
The following programs and special student populations have different admission application requirements. Contact the appropriate department if you are connected to one of these programs.
- Running Start
- Tech Prep
- Business and Training Center
- Arts Now
- International Students
- Students under the age of 18
After you submit your admission application, we do the following:
- Provide you with a welcome letter containing campus information and next-step instructions
- Provide you with a student ID number
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after you register for your first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at www.edcc.edu/edmail.