In accordance with WAC 131-12-010, Edmonds Community College has an open admission policy. Under this policy, all students are admitted when it is determined by the Chief Admission Officer, or other designee, that the student meets the following criteria:
- Is competent to benefit from course offerings of the college, and
- Would not, by his or her presence or conduct, create a disruptive atmosphere within the college inconsistent with the purposes of the institution, and
- Is eighteen (18) years of age or older, or
- Is a high school graduate (or GED equivalent).
Obtain an admission application in one of the following ways:
- Complete and submit the application online
- Pick one up at the Enrollment Services counter on the first floor of Lynnwood Hall
- Download one from our website, or
- Contact us and ask us to mail you an application
If you choose to fill out a paper application, you may mail, fax, or submit it in person.
Admission Application Exceptions
The following programs and special student populations have different admission application requirements. Contact the appropriate department if you are connected to one of these programs.
- Running Start
- Tech Prep
- Business and Training Center
- Arts Now
- International Students
- Students under the age of 18
After you submit your admission application, we do the following:
- Provide you with a welcome letter containing campus information and next-step instructions
- Provide you with a student ID number
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after you register for your first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at www.edcc.edu/edmail.