Move Further and Faster to a Better Career and Future!
What is I-BEST? How Does It Work?
Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training (I-BEST) pairs Adult Basic Education and/or English as a Second Language (ESL) education with job skills training, meaning college credit classes in professional, technical,or academic transfer degree pathway taken at the same time as improving adult basic education skills such as English, grammar, math, and beyond. I-BEST was designed to help transition students further and faster into their certificate or degree completions, with goals of obtaining an in-demand job at a higher wage.
The I-BEST Program also offers students individualized case management support in areas of:
- Career exploration, planning and preparation
- Short-term certificates or longer-term degree opportunities
- Financial aid advising, scholarship applications, and guidance in funding sources
- Support in ongoing decision-making and academic planning
In as little as three months, you can earn a certificate of completion to get a jump-start on a new career in professional-technical degree pathways:
- Basic Bookkeeping/Accounting
- Allied Health
- Engineering Technology - Electronics
- Engineering Technology - Material Science
- Basic Medical Office
- Family Support Studies: Parent Mentor
Introducing New 2015 Academic I-BEST Pathways for Transfer Degree Students!
- Academic Humanities/English I-BEST Pathway for Transfer Degree Students
- Offered Winter, Spring 2015
- Academic MATH I-BEST Pathway for Transfer Degree Students
- Pilot Math I-BEST Project starting Spring 2015
Get Skills for the Job You Want!
Most high-growth, high-wage occupations require at least some college experience.
Average annual earnings by education level*:
- Less than high school graduate- $22,326
- High School Diploma or GED - $31,209
- Associate or Vocational Degree - $40,708
- Bachelors Degree - $51,436
*2010 data from www.checkoutacollege.com